Saturday, February 23, 2013

TV signals continued....

Looks like a fixed-mount, open-faced dish is going to be the choice for us.  Winegard makes an antenna that will automatically raise itself and locate the satellites.  It has an LNB setup that will see three satellites simultaneously.


With this dish, DirecTV has a receiver/DVR that can record 5 shows at a time, deliver a feed to a second TV, PIP and split screen two shows or a show on one half and a computer display on the other half.  Cool!  And all in high definition.  DirecTV calls this receiver the "Genie", it is going to be pretty slick if it works as good as it sounds.



I have been getting set up with the folks at New Horizons (manufacturer of my rig) for a summer visit to do some warranty work.  I talked to the service manager about doing this antenna upgrade too.  He not only said: "no problem" but offered to get me a better price on the antenna than anything I could do.  He sent me an email later, and sure enough he quoted me a price better than anything I could find on-line.

It is such a pleasure doing business with people that take care of their customers.  New Horizons has done right by me.  They were great to work with during the build of my rig.  I was a bit obsessive about designing everything but they were ever-patient and worked through all my wants while offering some expert guidance.

Almost one year to the day our rig was built we will be back to the factory and let the good people at New Horizons work on a couple of piddly little warranty issues and have them do some more significant upgrades.  I look forward to them continuing our good experience with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment