Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sold It.

It has been eight months since moving out of our Kountry Star 5th wheel and into our New Horizons 5th wheel. Eight months of listing with every on line system I could get into for free and a couple that I paid for and essentially,,,nothing.  No phone calls, no email, nothing for months. Every couple of months I would drop the price until just this month I had dropped to just below half my original asking price. That must have been the magic price point because I got one inquiry.  But it was a good one.

The Kountry Star is sold!  A really nice family came to look at it and wrote me a deposit check on the spot.  They are in the process of ordering a slider hitch (he has a short bed truck) and getting it installed.  If everything goes as planned he will be back with the pay-off check and pick up the rig this coming weekend.

But that is not the whole story.  Today a fellow that is a neighbor in our current campground knocked on the door and offered me 50% more than I just made the deal with the family for.  Man that hurts!  I had already shook hands on the deal with the family, I just could not take the new offer and go back on the family.  But looking at it on the bright side, if something happens that causes the family deal to fall through, I have a backup.  At least for a little while.  I don't know how fast this neighbor will move on to something else.

This will be one more thing checked off our list of 'must-do's' before leaving Georgia.  Selling our Kountry Star will eliminate storage costs, insurance costs, maintenance costs, tags, and ad valorem taxes. It's all good.

T -60 days until departing Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment