Sunday, May 26, 2013

Working a new plan.

Our change in schedule is starting to take shape.  Cyndee's surgery is now set for next week.  That will put us in Livingston about two and a half weeks later than planned.  I have been working the phones and websites trying to sort out the things I can do in advance of going to Texas.  There are a few and I have started the wheels turning on those.  But there is plenty that you just have to be there in person to do, like get a safety inspection done on the vehicles and taking driver license tests.

Thursday was Cyndee's last day on her job.  When she opened the door and walked in, I shrank.  I could tell by the red, puffy, watery eyes that the water works had been flowing.  And it did not stop with getting home, in fact it probably came up a notch or two.  Nearly burned through a whole box of tissues.  I guess her take on retirement is a little different than the average.

Now with a few extra days, I am making use of them.  We lost a mudflap on the truck while on our trip to South Carolina to take furniture to my cousin.  While studying for the class A driver license I discovered that it is a requirement to have mudflaps on any truck with four or more rear wheels.
So I called the outfit that built my truck and had them send me a matching replacement.  It arrived Frisay.  I will have to figure out a way to drill mounting holes that line up with the existing holes in the wheel well.

But today while waiting on UPS I took the time to do a little domestic engineering.  If you have read some of the earliest posting you saw pictures of the interior of the rig.  Even in those little photos you can see that there is a load of woodwork.  There is oak cabinetry and trim everywhere.  Today, for the second time since acquiring the rig nine months ago I treated all the wood, end to end.  Man, there is a lot of wood in this rig.  It took a little over two hours to get everything rubbed down.  I may have gone a little too long between treatments as some of the cabinets soaked up the Liquid Gold only minutes after getting it on.

T -4 days until departing GA (clock stopped and holding).

No comments:

Post a Comment