Friday, June 3, 2022

Saga of the Truck - Chapter 6


Things are happening, fast!

What I was told would be weeks of work has seemingly gotten well underway in just days.  My last post saw the truck just arriving in Valparaiso from the body shop in Elkhart, ready to be fitted with auxiliary equipment.  The question was whether or not all the parts had arrived.  Apparently they have.

60 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, fuel pump, electronic controls
and wiring.

Tiara add-ons - Rear View camera, service lights, control modules,
cameral wiring harness to attach to in-dash display.

Bedliner sprayed onto top of bumper.  No scratching of paint 
when you use the bumper as a step into the bed.

Fuel tank and hitch mounting rails fitted to freshly sprayed
bed liner.

The folks at Classy Chassis didn't fool around, if they had parts to work with they got on it.  And with this amount of progress I had to make a call and ask if the completion date of late August was still the target.  Happily the answer came back "no".  We are now looking at the end of June.  Fine by me.  Now I just have to step up my game on finding a buyer for my existing truck.

There was no way I was going to part with my 2006 F550 until I had a truck in hand to replace it.  So up until now the things I need to do to get it ready to sell have been way in the back of my mind.  Time to move that thinking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment