Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We are evicted.

As I was writing the last post we got a visit from our supervisor, Kelly and the ranking law enforcement ranger.  Kelly told us that things had changed overnight and that now she was furloughed, along with all but four LE's and that they were doing a hard shutdown.  We have to leave.

But, thankfully, we have until Friday.  That gives us about 48 hours to see if all our UPS shipments arrive.  I know for sure that there is one that is too far along to intercept, I'll be getting on the phone to see if I can divert the other two.

We are going to help Kelly board up the entrance station today about noon and then I guess we will start configuring the rig for travel.  It is amazing how much stuff you get spread out after sitting in one place for awhile.  We are going to need the couple of days that we have to get it done in an orderly fashion.

And I guess I better get started trying to find campgrounds with sites available.  I gotta get crackin'.

See ya.

3 comments:

  1. Definitively wanted to see this chapter end on a positive note. But hey what can you do.... The Grand Canyon tour was fantastic. Thank you! Now I turn the page and the next chapter starts. Sully

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Hard Labor has a spot open... :)
    JLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard Labor Creek would be an excellent place to winter over. We also got a call from the COE about job at Carter's Lake, up by Chattsworth, GA. But we already made a commitment to the folks at Big Bend. We are expecting that in the two or three weeks we will spend getting there, the shutdown will be over and this mess will soon be forgotten.

      Delete