Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Time To Take Inventory

I started to write about the next adventure but in organizing the information I found myself mixing up what we did and when we did it.  Listing stuff wasn't working for me so I tried mapping it.
The big picture.  Starting at Allatoona Lake, GA then moving base camp to Livingston, TX.  Lots of fun stuff while in Livingston, see below.  Then to KS for rig repair, then back to TX for our winter stay at Granger Lake, see below, and now we are almost all the way to our summer destination, Red Canyon Visitor Center, Dutch John, UT.
You can click on any image to enlarge it.
The Escapees RV Club headquarters in Livingston, TX made a great base camp for day tripping.  Our sightseeing and family visiting trips racked up a little over 1,000 miles.
Once we moved to our winter volunteer position at Granger Lake, TX, the miles really started piling up.  We got in over 2,700 miles visiting family, friends and touristing.
 Okay, it took several hours to create the maps, mostly because I kept having to do them over to get them right but I have a pretty good reference tool now.  I'll probably have to supplement this with all the driving around we have been doing in New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.

By the way, all those stars and hearts on the maps are places we have camped over the years.  Google maps remembers all the places I have tagged and displays them any time I open the mapping app.

No comments:

Post a Comment