Monday, May 5, 2014

The Whining Continues

Out of desperation I left a message last night with the Winegard technician I have been in contact with off and on during the satellite saga.  A saga that has now spanned nine months.  At 7:00am the next morning I got a call back.  I guess I must have sounded as desperate as I felt, they have never got back to me first thing.

Anyway, after a long discussion and trying at least a dozen more things Winegard is saying that it is no longer possible to figure out what the problem is remotely.  They want the entire system to be taken off the coach and sent to the factory in Iowa for bench testing.  I spent the next couple of hours stripping all the equipment out of the rig and just about had it all done when Chuck arrived from Action RV to collect everything so they could take care of boxing it all up and getting it shipped to Winegard.

Now there is no reason to remain in Albuquerque.  But we had paid for another week of camping thinking we would be hanging around waiting on parts again.  We'll see if we can get some of that back.  I trudged over to the campground office and told them my sad story and they took pity on me and refunded all the nights we are not going to use.  We'll head for Homolovi State Park, just outside Winslow, AZ first thing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment